Monday, November 16, 2015

Rocks, Soccer, and Baskets

Scott Biggs - Today was a good day. This was the first day that we worked on the service project. It was really cool, we moved lots of rocks into piles. The rocks came from a cement set of bleachers at the school soccer field. One of my favorite parts of the day was after the service project half the group went to go play soccer. It was a ball (no pun intended). Johan, the WLS instructor, took us to the local pitch, there we played soccer for a hour or a hour and a half. It was a lot of fun and I’m really enjoying this trip. Shout out to the 7th grade teachers, and mom and dad.

Luca Bonanno
Today we went to help with the community project. There was a huge cement wall in the middle of an area where we are building a soccer field and a truck came and tore it down. We were instructed to grab all of the rocks we could from the destroyed cement wall and throw them in a huge pile. I was very proud of myself because I lifted up a rock that was the size of half of a horse. Johan helped me lift over the cement wall debris. Everyone was having a great time throwing stones over the debris and chiseling stones out of the cement. After a while we went and had a snack break. After we finished working for the day we went to our home stays for lunch and I had a bowl of soup and pasta with meat. All the food is baked in ovens and is homemade, it is still not as good as my family’s cooking though. Missing my family. From Luca

Josh Buck
Hello,
Today, we did a World Leadership School activity where we got cards that had different personality traits, like kindness and loyalty, and we divided into different groups like Artisans, and Idealists. It was cool to see what friends were and what I was too. We also played soccer for about two hours and we won 11-3. It was really fun. Also, happy birthday to my brother who is 22 now. I got you a cool alpaca hair knit hat. It hasn’t rained as much as I thought it would, only a couple hours. My homestay family is really nice and they own an adventure tours company.
Audios,
Josh 

Nicolas Rodriguez
Hey everybody, I just wanted to let you know I’m having a great time.  We made baskets today, and I struggled at first, but once I got the hang of it, I was pretty good.  It was really fun and I can’t wait to show you my basket!  The weaves were amazing and pretty complex.  Everybody’s baskets looked awesome, but nobody came close to Poncho (the artisan).  His basket are perfect and detailed.  At the beginning you think it’s just tying sticks, but it truly is an art.  It took our group three hours to weave these tiny baskets.  This is an amazing trip and I look forward to something new each and every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment