Thursday, November 19, 2015

Dancing and School

Andersen Dodge
Today the whole group went to a gym to learn some dancing, but it was more like zumba. It was so much fun! Most of us were terrible but that was okay. We went to a room with mirrors surrounding us so we could watch our scary, terrible dancing. While watching the instructor dance to the music we would repeat the steps. When we were finished, we were all sweating like crazy! Before we started, Mrs. Ashley kept making jokes on how she was going to laugh about our terrible dancing! It was so funny. Overall, it was so fun and a great workout. I miss my family so much and I can’t wait to see you on Wednesday. Wow, this trip has flown by!

Jacobo Arango
Hello everyone! I hope that you are all having a good two weeks without me (talking to my parents). Today, we woke up at the usual time, 7:30. After an hour, a groggy group of middle schoolers headed off to Urubamba, where we met the students of a very advanced high school. We got to meet them and converse about different things. At least the people that spoke Spanish could. I enjoyed talking to them, and paying as much attention as I could to their lessons. What they were learning was quite advanced, and a lot of my friends and I didn’t understand much, even in a class like math, where you don't need to know very much of the language. The kids were a lot more talkative than I thought they’d be, and we played tic-tac-toe a lot with them. Thank you for reading. For my parents: I love you guys and I will see you soon! Sayonara.

Scott Biggs
Today was a fun and interesting day. We visited a school in Urubamba, after sitting in on some classes we had lunch with the kids. For lunch we had a soup not unlike pho but with small noodles and a plate of veggies in a curious tart/vinegar/mystery dressing, it was pretty good. It was a great opportunity to practice my Spanish speaking skills, and thankfully I didn’t fail too bad. I felt this especially in a class where the kids were learning English, but I had to translate the English to Spanish because the other people there didn’t take a language of only took French. But you know what, I only messed up three times! I really hope that I enjoy the ending bit of this trip as much as I enjoyed the start of it. Greetings from Peru!

Lauren Falicia
Hello everybody, I hope all is well at home, or away. Today we went to the sacred valley school in Urubamba. It was very nice to revisit the welcoming school. I really enjoyed seeing familiar faces, and even new ones that greeted me with a shy smile or a very long conversation. We played a series of really fun games with them after we ate lunch with them. I nervously volunteered for the first one, not knowing what I was getting myself into. we had to fill up balloons with a very big bottle of water. Once we filled the balloon the best we could, we had to detach the balloon from the bottle. I accidentally sprayed my partner and myself while trying to fill the bucket with the water from the balloon. We both laughed really hard at my mistake and it was a really nice moment for me. We also met two very nice students named Shirley and Sebastian. Shirley spoke English and was super sweet. Bye for now everyone, see you soon! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment