Sunday, November 22, 2015

Machu Picchu

Rhea Rowan
Hello Mughu, Dad, Mom and Khaili,

I miss you all and am so excited to see you when I come home.

Today we went Machu Picchu, it was fantastic, truly a once in a lifetime experience, We learned about the history and spirituality of Machu Picchu. 

I hope everyone is okay and I miss you all.
Rhea Rowan❣

Anna Grace Fusaris
Hi family and friends!  Today we went to Machu Picchu.  This was the best day of the whole trip for me.  It was perfect because we read our speeches in the background of the main mountain of Machu Picchu.  The tour was amazing too.  Our tour guide explained where the girls stayed and where the boys stayed and what they did for work.  It was awesome!  The only downside was the train ride and bus ride.  The bus ride was one hour and forty minutes.  The bus ride was forty minutes but for some reason it felt shorter than it actually was.  Well on the train ride they served food and Ginger Ale so I am cool with that.  This was truly a once in a lifetime experience.  And it will be the one trip I will remember when I become wiser and older.  Nothing could ever change my way of thinking about how amazing this trip has been.  I miss you family and I will see you soon!

Kevin Reyes
Our trip to Machu Picchu today was truly a great experience. Just knowing that you'll visit a place that some wait their entire lives to visit makes it all the more spectacular to see. The tour of it was amazing and I really enjoyed seeing how perfectly some of the stones fit together and what the Incan/Andean cross was a symbol for. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable about Machu Picchu and taught us lots of interesting things. There were some alpacas in a random courtyard in the urban area of Machu Picchu and they were fun to see. I was really nervous about giving my speech today, but I felt like i did well on it. I would describe Machu Picchu to you all here in this entry, but I dont think it’s possible to describe in words.

P.S.- Hi family! I miss you guys lots and cant wait to see you again.

-Kevin 

Hayden Schwartz
“People who are crazy enough think they can change the world are the one who do.” -Steve Jobs
I’m not saying I can change the world but maybe I will try. Over the course of the trip I have really struggled with poverty. It was very hard for me to see it at first. When we first came to Ollantaytambo I saw the stray dogs on the street it made me feel so bad and guilty. I realized that our culture is based on material thing. As the trip went on and I saw the children playing futbol in the streets with so much happiness. I realized I was the poor one not in wealth but in happiness. They have so much happiness and love in their lives and they appreciate the little things. The way the Peruvians look at you as you walk down the street there faces are so welcoming and kind. They do not judge you, but welcome you in with a kind smile. I am taking so much back from this trip not in gift but my outlook on life 

Lots of love, 
Hayden 

0 comments:

Post a Comment